Below are a few job openings available at the retailers of The Market Common:
Sales Associate – call store for details (843-232-0719).
ivy & leo:
Full-time Key Holder – call store for details (843-839-2330).
Part-time Sales Associate – call store for details (843-232-1096).
Part-time or Seasonal Sales Associate – bring resume to Jonathan at Back-Yard Sports.
Southern Living Store:
Assistant Manager and Sales Associates
The Market Common – Myrtle Beach, SC
Licensed Southern Living Store featuring SL lifestyle products in Fashion, Food, Home, Garden, & Travel.
Presented tastefully in a “Celebrate the South” retail theme, our intent is to provide a relaxed, family-oriented shopping experience that allows the customer an opportunity to explore & savor the timeless traditions and rich heritage of the southern way-of-life.
The Southern Living Store is for Southerners by Southerners, reflecting an environment where the customer always looks forward to coming back. We host entertaining food-tasting events, and offer friendly, insightful service that encourages the customer to evolve and personalize traditions in the Modern South. It’s an engaging blend of inspiration, humor, and practicality.
Our FASHION allows the customer to express herself with easy elegance and an unmatched level of graceful sophistication & charm. FOOD offerings connect her with her family & friends – her favorite receipes tell a story,
evoke a memory, or honor her ancestors. HOME keeps her rooted in the comforting traditions of family.
Her GARDEN is an extension of her image – she cares about the way her friends and neighbors see her home.
TRAVEL brings her closer to her history, heritage, and the South she loves – and hopefully, time & again, back to us!
ASSISTANT MANAGER / Job Description:
Industry: Retail Experience: Mid-Senior level
Employment Type: Full-time Job Function: Sales, Management
- 2-4 years Specialty Retail experience, 1 + years in Store Management position preferred
- Point of Sale and general office software technical experience
- Experience in relevant Human Resource processes
- Excellent leadership qualities, training, and team building skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales
- Established history in recruiting and retaining a talented sales and support team
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Love for cooking and knowledge of southern foods & recipes
- Strong style, merchandising and wardrobing skills
SALES ASSOCIATE / Job Description (Part-Time) :
The Sales Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. Performs various sales and register transactions and aids in controlling shrink through customer interaction. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets sales goals by utilizing sales techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer
- Recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Performs sales & register transactions including purchases, processing of payments and counting money
- Maintains an awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks
- Maintains standards in merchandise handling & visual presentation, and other duties as directed by Management
- Must be 18 years of age or older. High School diploma or equivalent
- Retail or sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of southern foods & recipes preferred
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds; hang/fold merchandise; climb, reach, push/pull, and clean
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
EMAIL RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org