The Market Common

Here’s to good health from afar

Just as safety, health and wellness are also priorities during this pandemic. Which is why two of our studios at The Market Common – yoga and dance – have adjusted their in-person class schedule to offer safe-distancing virtual classes.

Here’s the skinny on the current class lineup for both studios:

Yoga In Common, 3062 Deville St.

This popular corner studio for yogis transitioned to live online classes via Zoom in April and May. All you have to do is register for a class on Mindbody, and they’ll send you the Meeting ID for that class. Instructors are teaching about 17 classes per week, from yoga to pilates to tai chi. Here is the LIVE, Online Schedule.

Classes are listed at the Community pass rate of $7/class 
or you may get a two-week unlimited pass for $45.Yoga In Common is hoping to reopen the physical studio, with social distancing in place, May 18, per the governor’s lift on gym shutdowns. Check back for updates at www.yogaincommon.com.

Coastal Dance Centre, 3070 Deville St. and 3073 Howard Ave.


Closed as of March 16, Coastal Dance Centre transitioned to virtual instruction March 30 and continues to do so. The center has 60% of their student population actively taking virtual Zoom classes; the remaining 40% are temporarily on hold right now because they are the younger kiddos, making it more difficult to adapt to online instruction.

“At this time, everyone is just ready to go back to the in-person classes, but not yet,” says owner Liza Mata.

She says to brush off the physical distancing blues, the staff hosted a “Spirit Saturday Drive-by event May 9 at 4 p.m. so students, staff and parents could  briefly reunite from a distance. Coastal Dance Centre also asked if participants could drop off plastic bags of canned goods at the Howard Ave. studio during the parade to be donated to Help 4 Kids, which distributes food to children in need in Horry County. 

For updates on the centre’s reopening and for more info on registration, visit: www.CoastalDanceCentre.com.