Groups are welcome!
Give us at least an hour’s notice, and we’ll be delighted to extend our Southern Hospitality. Bring your coach to the front of the Grand 14 Cinema at Deville and Reed Streets. We will come aboard and welcome your guests with maps and complimentary Perks Books filled with fabulous coupons for our stores, restaurants and entertainment venues. Guests may disembark there and then meet their coach later in the same location for their departure. Ample on-street parking is available for coach buses one block over on Johnson Avenue.
Complimentary Military History Tour
One-hour tour on your coach with three stops, weekdays only, for groups of 20 or more with 24-hour notice
Create a three-hour experience at The Market Common that your guests won’t soon forget. When you book a meal for your group at one of our restaurants and allot an hour for shopping, then your guests are eligible for a complimentary one-of-a-kind military history tour aboard your coach.
What is now The Market Common, was once an important military base during WWII and later during the Cold War, Vietnam and Desert Storm. Your guests will enjoy a one-hour narrated tour around the Market Common District learning about the history of the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base, and the Myrtle Beach Army Air Field during WWII which also housed a German POW camp. The tour includes stops at Warbird Park, the General Robert H. Reed Recreation Center that is home to a small military museum, and at the Myrtle Beach International Airport’s Norton General Aviation Terminal which features displays from the Base Operations building that once stood on that site.
For your convenience we have:
- Restrooms on Deville Street beside the parking deck
- ATMs in four locations: Grand 14 Cinema at Deville and Reed Streets, Ultimate California Pizza across from Grand 14 Cinema, King Street Grille on the corner of Howard Avenue and Hackler Street, and Santee Cooper Credit Union on Farrow Parkway across the parking lot from 810 Billiards & Bowling
- Complimentary Wheelchair Loan from our Management Office at 4017 Deville Street (Weekdays, 8 AM – 5 PM; Call our Property Ambassador at 843-602-4181, after hours)
- Ample Parking in five large, open parking lots throughout the property, two parking decks accessed from Johnson Avenue, Deville Street, and Farrow Parkway, and on the street in front of the stores and restaurants
- Designated Handicap Parking Spaces are found in each parking lot and parking deck
- There is a small playground for children in the middle of Howard Avenue on the esplanade and a giant-sized chess set, if you are up to the challenge
Once you’ve experienced our shopping, dining and entertainment, take a break and catch your breath.
We have lovely benches and rocking chairs that overlook the manicured trees and flowers of our beautiful streetscapes where music fills the air.